The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and improve your shopping experience at SuperValue Checks. These are the types of information we gather:
Credit Card Authorization
We accept Visa, MasterCard, and American Express, utilizing the VeriSign Secure Site service, one of the most recognized symbols of trust on the Web. Your credit card will be authorized at the order confirmation stage of the online ordering process.
Automatic Collection of Anonymous, Non–Personally Identifiable Information
When you browse this website, you do so without revealing your identity. Personal information, including email address, is not collected without your awareness. For each visitor to our website, our servers recognize the website you came from.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually change your browser to prevent that. Even without a cookie, you can use the majority of the features within our site. We recommend that you take full advantage of all the features we’ve designed to make shopping easy and fun by leaving your cookies enabled.
Our website is directed at adult consumers and guests. We do not knowingly solicit data from, or market to, children under age 13. Should children access our website, we are confident that parents will not judge any of the information provided as objectionable for viewing. If you are under 18, you may use the website only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
SuperValue Checks is not responsible for the content, privacy practices or information practices employed by sites linked to or from our website. In most cases, links to non–SuperValue Checks websites are provided solely as pointers to information on topics that may be useful to the user.
General Business Practices
Disclosure of Individual Consumer Information
SuperValue Checks uses the information collected from you to process orders and to provide a more personalized shopping experience.
SuperValue Checks may also use your information to provide you order confirmation and shipment notification, as well as to communicate with you about products, services, and promotions in the future. We may use third party service providers to assist us in maintaining good consumer relations by communicating to you relevant announcements regarding exclusive sales, company information, and to conduct consumer surveys. We may also provide your information to third party service providers who assist us in fulfilling your order, as well as to financial institutions for customer verification and fraud prevention purposes. All of our third party service providers are required by contract not to otherwise disclose your personal information.
Do Not Track - California Privacy Notices
SuperValue Checks does not track its customers over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising and therefore does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals.
Your Acceptance of these Terms
Correct/Update your Address or Email
SuperValue Checks is committed to ensuring that the information we obtain and use about consumers is accurate. You can help us maintain the accuracy of information previously provided or information we may have collected by modifying your profile information directly through the website.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement or the practices of this site, please contact us at 1-866-747-2196 or at the address listed below.
PO Box 350080
New Braunfels, Texas 78135
Information We Collect
We collect information in a few different ways: (i) information you submit or give us permission to obtain; (ii) technical information collected automatically; and (iii) information provided by our partners. Each of these ways is discussed below.
Information You Submit or Give Us Permission to Obtain
We collect information from you when you choose to provide it to us through our online or offline environments. For example, if you:
- Order our products and services or create an account with us, you may provide us with information such as your name, postal address, email address, payment information, what you ordered and any other information you choose to provide;
- Request support or submit an inquiry, you may provide us with information such as your name, contact information, the subject of your inquiry, message content and any other information you choose to provide;
- Sign up to receive information about our products and services, you may provide us with information such as your name, contact information, the product or service you are interested in and any other information you choose to provide; Respond to surveys or participate in contests or other promotions, you may provide us with your survey responses, contact information and any other information required to complete the survey or participate in the contest or other promotion; or
We also collect information from you when you give us permission to access it. For example:
- If you access our online environments through your mobile device (for example, via a mobile app or your device’s browser), you may give us access to location data.
Technical Information Collected Automatically
We may collect certain technical information about your visits to our online environments without you actively submitting such information. This information can make your use of our online environments easier and more meaningful by allowing us to provide better service, customize our online environments based on consumer preferences, compile statistics, provide you with more relevant advertisements, analyze trends and otherwise administer and improve our online environments. Some of the types of technical information collected automatically when visiting our online environments include:
- Log Data. When you use our online environments, our servers automatically record information (“log data”), including information that your browser or mobile app sends whenever you visit or use our online environments. This log data may include your Internet Protocol address, browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, how you used our online environments and cookie data;
- Device Information. In addition to log data, we may also collect information about the device you are using to access our online environments, including what type of device it is, what operating system you are using, device settings, unique device identifiers and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you are using and its settings. For example, different types of information are available depending on whether you are using a Mac or a PC, or an iPhone or an Android phone. To learn more about what information your device makes available to us, please also check the policies of your device manufacturer or software provider.
Information Provided by Our Partners
Our advertising vendors and other partners may share with us the information they collect. For example:
- Our advertising vendors may share information with us regarding our ads on websites or apps where such ads run to measure and improve those ads, including information like whether clicks on ads led to purchases or a list of criteria to use in targeting ads.
- We may obtain information from our other partners, such as co–sponsors who we may occasionally partner with to run special contests or other co–branded promotions.
- We may obtain information from other commercially available sources such as data aggregators, marketing firms and public databases, to provide us with additional information about our existing consumers (this is known as “data appending”). This information may include name, demographic information, contact information, interests, and publicly–observed data, such as from social media and shopping behavior.
- We may receive information about consumers when we acquire part or all of other companies.
We may also combine the information we collect through one or more of our online environments with information we collect through other online environments. We may also combine information collected through our online environments with information collected through our offline environments, as well as with information provided by our partners. We use this consolidated information to help us improve our online environments, products and services, communicate information to you, enhance our marketing and research activities and engage in any other uses described in the “How We Use the Information We Collect” section below.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We use the information we collect to provide our products and services to you, improve our products and services, develop new products and services and protect ourselves and our consumers.
If you make a purchase through our online or offline environments and authorize us to use your credit or debit card information, we will use this information to charge you as authorized.
If you register or open an account with us, the information we collect may be used to maintain your account, provide you with access to some features of our online environments or offer you the benefits and privileges that typically come along with account registration. This may include purchasing products or services, use of exclusive or personalized content or activities.
We also use the information we collect for other legitimate business purposes, such as to:
- Send you advertisements, notices and other information regarding our products and services, including notifying you about special promotions;
- Respond to your inquiries or support requests;
- Invite you to participate in surveys regarding our products or services;
- Furnish and maintain our online environments; and
- Secure our networks and online environments.
We may also use the information we collect to offer you customized content, including to:
- Recognize new or past visitors to our online environments;
- Remember your personal preferences;
- Show you more relevant and meaningful advertisements;
- Better understand the interests of our consumers and visitors to our online environments; and
- Conduct research and analyze the use of our online environments, products, services and advertisements.
Some of our applications and mobile–optimized online environments may have location-based features. To deliver these features, we may access and use location data provided by your mobile device. Location information will be collected solely to deliver the requested feature, and it will not be further retained or stored by us. Finally, in certain limited circumstances, we may be called upon to release the information we collect in response to a court order, subpoena, search warrant, law or regulation. We plan to cooperate in responding to such requests, taking appropriate measures to ensure that the requester understands the potentially–sensitive nature of the information they may receive. We also reserve the right to cooperate with law enforcement authorities in investigating and prosecuting consumers who violate our rules or engage in behavior that is illegal or harmful to others or their property.
We use common tools, such as cookies and similar technologies (discussed in the “Technical Information Collected Automatically” section above), to collect information about consumers’ use of our online environments for purposes of enhancing their online experience and delivering more meaningful advertisements. Like many companies, we may also utilize third party advertising vendors and other partners to collect this information.
One way in which we deliver more meaningful advertisements is through a common form of online advertising known as “retargeting” or “remarketing.” Retargeting works by serving ads on one site based on consumers’ online activities on a different site. To do this, SuperValue Checks or our advertising vendors may use a device ID, cookie or similar technology placed by us or the advertising vendor when you visit our online environments or third party websites or apps. The placing of these cookies or other technologies on your device may enable you to be identified across multiple websites and you should consult the privacy policies of our advertising vendors to understand how they collect and use your data.
Interest Based Advertising (IBA) Enabled by SuperValue Checks
SuperValue Checks facilitates the collection and use of data by our customers in connection with interest-based advertising. SuperValue Checks adheres to the DAA principles governing online marketing and data sharing.
Online Marketing Information Opt-Out
You may opt out using tools provided by the following industry groups.
Offline Marketing Information Opt-out
SuperValue Checks honors your choice to opt out of the use of Offline Marketing Information for offline direct mail campaigns or online interest-based advertising. To process your request to opt out, we require your name, address and email address.
When We Share Your Information & Our Relationship to Third Parties
If we allow a third party vendor to have access to your personally identifying information, we will not authorize them to take it or use it for any purpose that is not consistent with this privacy statement.
- Cookies and Similar Technologies. As discussed above, we may partner with third party advertising vendors to manage our advertising on other websites and apps. Our advertising vendors may use a device ID, cookie or similar technology to collect information about your activities on our online environments to provide you retargeted ads on other websites and apps.
- Vendors and Suppliers. We have relationships with different vendors and suppliers who help us design and maintain our online environments, systems and computer security, respond to consumer inquiries, fulfill orders, analyze our data, create special promotions and engage in any other information uses described in this privacy statement.
- Co–Branding and Co–Marketing. We may partner with other companies to provide you with products, services or content on a joint or “co–branded” basis. If we offer co–branded products, services or content, you will see both our logo and the logo of the co–branded partner. To access co–branded products, services or content, you may have to provide certain requested information which may be shared with our co–branded partners. You should read the individual privacy statements of our co–branded partners, as these may differ in some respects from ours. Reading these statements will help you to make an informed decision about whether to provide your information. Remember, you can always opt–out of sharing your information with a co–branded partner by choosing not to use the product, service or content provided by us and the co–branded partner.